Ridding the internet of ugly blogs one blog at a time!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fast Eddie's Bullet

A recent favorite read of mine is Fast Eddie's Bullet. Fast Eddie is not his name, his name is Len, I don't know why he titled his blog Fast Eddie's Bullet, but now that he has that name and my name is Eddie then I want that name as well as Posted Note.

Anyway, Len is a great writer, a great blogger, and he is married to the delightful Amberbamberboo. Go read both of their sites and tell them the Blog Patrol sent you.

Also, Len pointed out these statistics that he pulled from Technorati.
  • As of October 2005, Technorati is now tracking 19.6 Million weblogs
  • The total number of weblogs tracked continues to double about every 5 months
  • The blogosphere is now over 30 times as big as it was 3 years ago, with no signs of letup in growth
  • About 70,000 new weblogs are created every day
  • Around one new weblog is created every second
  • 2% - 8% of new weblogs per day are fake or spam weblogs
  • Between 700,000 and 1.3 Million posts are made each day
  • About 33,000 posts are created per hour, or 9.2 posts per second
  • An additional 5.8% of posts (or about 50,000 posts/day) seen each day are from spam or fake blogs, on average

Blogging is the future people. If you ain't blogging, you ain't cool.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Finally, I am cool.

lol.

Okay, I alway have been cool... now I am just c-c-c-cooooler. (Waterboy)

6:41 PM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

ve-ry in-tah-res-ting.

I'm with Benjamin Nuestra McMinnesota. I feel like I'm finally in the "in" crowd.

5:58 AM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I take that back. I'm not in the Blog Patrol. I'm very UN-cool.

sniff.

5:59 AM

 
Anonymous Amber said...

Ok, Len is WAY cool - Me? Not so much, but anytime I need to feel loved I just come over here and know that somewhere in Texas someone thinks I'm a Superstar!! Yay me!! And as of today... I am a cool superstar!!!

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Fred said...

70,000 blogs a day? Wow. I guess it's time to move on to the next thing, whatever that may be.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Nunzia said...

who knew there were so many of us out here in the blogosphere? :)

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Lightning Bug's Butt said...

If you examined bloggers as a class, you'd find a disproportionately high concentration of good, smart, likeable people.

6:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home