Ridding the internet of ugly blogs one blog at a time!

Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm a little distressed that I haven't discovered this blog before. Working in the legal field, I am well acquainted with law-office drama. Thankfully, I work for a corporation and am no longer involved in the drama. However, I do have friends still suffering in firms, and occasionally I live vicariously through them.

A young woman moved from NY to TX with her boyfriend. She was working for a firm, and while she somewhat masked it for her site, I have no fears about being obvious and revealing which firm she worked for to everyone.

In the fall she will begin law school; but in the meantime she is working as a temp and chronicling her life as such.

The blog, while new, is a great read. Visit her here: KIM PLAINTIVE.

-jes

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you published the woman's employer when she obviously left it out for a reason!

Please DON'T give me any "help" with my blog!

2:45 PM

 
Blogger jes said...

sorry, no offense meant to anyone.

i thought it was humorous that she refers to her employer, a well known law firm that is in Houston and also in NY, as "Acewell and Julius." it seems fairly obvious that the firm is Bracewell and Guiliani.

of course, you may not know that if you haven't read her site. again, i apologize.

9:14 PM

 
Blogger JLR said...

It was pretty obvious, especially because it used to say "Acewell and Guiliani" until she changed it. I kept wondering why she bothered to change the name at all if she was going to make it that obvious. I guess that's why she changed Guiliani to Julius, but I still thought it was pretty obvious. Then again, maybe it was only obvious to those of us in the legal field.

Of course, she's not at that firm anymore, so this discussion is pretty much moot.

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Kim Plaintive said...

Chill out Anonymous! I knew the name was obvious, I was just trying to avoid the unlikely event that I'd show up on a search engine. Anyway, if anyone from the firm asks, it's all "fictional," right?

Thanks for the kind words Blog Patrol!

1:50 PM

 
Blogger jes said...

kim: glad you didn't feel like i was out of bounds. love the site, keep it up. :)

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

But if she didn't like the firm shouldn't she have mutated the name? You know something a little more vindictive.

Asswell and Gooliani
or
Brawell and Spewliani
or
Bracehell and Goalie

Just a few. After all if you are going to smite some one in literature might as well take a little 3rd grade poetic license with the name, right? Try it. Very theraputic...

And Kim - why no comments? Your writing is great.

7:29 PM

 
Blogger jes said...

i agree. KIM PLAINTIVE, you must open your comments to the public. we want to razz you all day long.

also, my personal favorite would be a combo of #1 and #2 that you suggested: Asswell and Spewliani

It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

2:20 PM

 
Blogger jes said...

or, instead of spewliani, one of these may also be appropriate:

ghouliani
gooniani

12:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a nice looking blog for you

9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home