Ridding the internet of ugly blogs one blog at a time!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

You HAVE got to be kidding me folks.

Are you kidding me? I can't believe all the uproar in the blogoshpere about "The Blog Patrol." Can any of you not see the humor in all of this?? Here are a couple of people that have gotten together to have a little fun. Not to insult anyone... but to encourage people... at least after my first entry and then we (as some have said, "the elite" of the blog patrol) had a discussion to ensure that there were ground rules because our goal was not to offend others but to have a little fun. I made the mistake of handing out a citation that was interpreted as mean spirited and I felt bad. I appologized to the guy and explained that that was not my intent. Notice to the right of us that not one blog is listed under the "Craters" probably because we are being over cautious on offending others. Again, this is not our intent. It IS a website that has some useful tips that WILL improve your blog if you follow them. If you don't then, well, you may continue to have an ordinary blog in our "humble" opinion. We are just a group of friends... some in real life, some on the web... that are trying to help others improve. If you label me as "elite" come read my blog and you will soon find out that I get (on average) about 9 comments per post... not stellar by any length of the means. People are upset because we have an opinion? Give me a break... isn't that what all blogs are about... sharing your opinions... right or wrong, we are entitled to an opinion. Lighten up folks... or the "elite will hunt you down." (In case you missed it... that was sarcasm.)

Have a great day everybody... Blog on my friends!

Ben of MiM

14 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

That's right Ben! We aren't here to criticize, but to encourage and to have a little fun - so don't be upset or intimidated by us... it is all in good fun.

7:51 AM

 
Blogger MsThang said...

You guys are doing good.. keep up the good work :)

10:45 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

OH MY WORD. This must be what it feels like to be a man in a room full of women. You just said something and it was totally misinterpreted into that you called a girl fat. People this is fun, did you get that: F....U.....N. Nothing more, nothing less. It is one thing if I make a racial slur at you, or if I run over your dog, or if I thow rotten tomatoes at you because your eyebrows are uneven, but come on to put up a blog that is somewhat serious and at most times just funny is HARMLESS. I'm with Ben, I am not in anyway the elite of the blog world. Come on people I break the rules ALL THE TIME but I laugh and I mention the rules when I break them, why? because it is NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL.

So to all you haters out there watch out for me the rotten tomatoe girl because if you have an ugly, boring, stupid blog I'm fine with that, but if you have uneven eyebrows I may strike at any time and with supreme tomato throwing force.

11:21 AM

 
Blogger steve said...

I think its funny.. I love me some fun! Can anyone help my ugly arse blog???? ;-)

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

Feel free to monitor, mock, or mortally wound my blog. Unlike Tom Cruise, I can take it. ;) Sorry, feeling decidedly anti-Tom today.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

Happy now, you b@stards? ;)

2:49 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Aww don't worry about it, I think you guys are hilarious and more often than not, right. :)

4:40 PM

 
Anonymous gigem said...

i would have thought those "patrolling" the blogosphere would know how to post a link in their blog... ;)

8:31 PM

 
Blogger Ben said...

You would think... wouldn't you gigem. lol.

7:25 AM

 
Blogger Chad said...

Woo-hoo!!! I'm part of something controversial? And I've only posted twice.

As for the others, I'll rework one of my favorite Jack Nicholson lines: "This web needs an enema."

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Molicious said...

It just seems to me like people have really lost their sense of humor. And since when was it not okay to dish out a little constructive criticism? Have we as a society become so wimpy that we can't take a joke?! I always thought that The Blog Patrol was done in jest. It's sad that other people can't see what it's really here for.

6:57 AM

 
Blogger Liam said...

Hi,
I'm part of a Team Blog that's just getting off it's feet. Could you guys check it out some time and tell us how to make it better?

8:45 AM

 
Blogger jes said...

liam: i'd love to give you some pointers. email me @ jes@justsayjes.com

3:24 PM

 
Blogger elise said...

Ben, can you please list my blog under "craters"? I can't believe no one has made this request yet! I just visited your personal blog and loved your post about nose picking. I've been thinking about posting about women and farting, I can't believe that I just farted as a weird coincidence. An SBD and my daughter's right behind me. She'll probably blame it on the dog.

6:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home