Ridding the internet of ugly blogs one blog at a time!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Read, Learn, Create

The Blog Patrol is, I think, about helping the blogsphere along to excellence. We point out bad blogs to encourage them to become better. It's not an ego trip nor is our endeavor mean-spirited. The Blog Patrol is akin to pointing out the spinach stuck in your teeth. It's for your own good. It's what friends do.

How exactly do you create excellence if you've never known what excellence looks like? I've always felt that I couldn't be a good writer without reading good writers. I don't want to copy or mimic anyone's style, but reading a great story often shows me the basic steps to writing my own great story. The problem becomes finding great writers.

Over on the right side of this blog is a good resource for great sites. Read those sites for great writing and content. If you don't see anything that tickles your fancy, check out their links. It's amazing what you can find by following random links in the blogsphere.

I found another great site in just such a manner: Lightning Bug's Butt. The design is plain, but the content is edgy and funny. I've come across a few things that I didn't like while reading the Lightning Bug's Butt. That's ok. Controversy is a great way to lure people from lurkers to posters.

So go out there and see what you can find. You never know how it will make you a better blogger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Wow. Thanks a million for the citation.

I feel so much safer knowing you're patroling the Blogosphere!

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home