Ridding the internet of ugly blogs one blog at a time!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Blog Killers

Today is a sad day for me. I just went to theordinarydad.com and found that he is no longer blogging. At first there was denial. I said "No, No, this can't be happening, I WON'T BELIEVE IT!" And then reality set in and I started to accept it - but I sure as heck didn't like it.

Bloggers, if you are going to kill your blog then you need to give a darn good reason for doing so. You can't just kill and run leaving us all left feeling cheated and hollow. I need closure people.

Blogging is about relationships and when someone finally decides to end that relationship they need to give at least 10 reasons, when they first felt that the relationship was breaking down. Why, were they feeling threatened? Were they actually threatened? Were they bored? Were we not giving enough feedback? Was it too much feedback?

If I don't get the necessary closure then don't be surprised if I don't hound you with repetitive emails and phone calls, leaving long emails on your answering machine, and begging you to come back.

And... don't let me catch you killing your blog while I am on vacation either - that is a huge "NO No!"

8 Comments:

Blogger jes said...

I am sad to see the OD go, too. I keep leaving comments, but they are mysteriously being erased.

I must be saying everything wrong. Maybe I'm the reason he's leaving.

Sure. Give me MORE to be paranoid about.

7:52 PM

 
Blogger RC said...

I'm sorry to here that theordinarydad is not blogging anymore, but I have a question for you, Blog Patrol.

How do you leave long emails on answering machines, and how can somebody read it without a monitor?

I'm confused!

I just found your blog threw my friend Amberbamberoo, I hope you don't kill it now!

12:27 AM

 
Anonymous od said...

Wow...do I get a special button for being a blog killer? I've heard that you don't mess with Texas--I just didn't know it was so true. I will post my reasons for "killing" another time.

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Yes Od - we need reasons... sooner rather than later - please?

3:20 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Wow. I had no idea you guys actually created a "Blog Patrol" site. *Raises right eyebrow* I thought it was something that would pass over after a few laughs.

6:11 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Happy blogging!

6:18 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

BP member who left the post I need to point you to rockchild's question. Great question there rockchild as a BP member I was a little confused by the email on the answering machine thing also. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Um, duh, everyone knows about the new email reading answerng machines... if not, just google it!

12:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home